Job Description For Accountant
A company based in East Africa, Tanzania and Kenya with specialized knowledge and expertise in the mining, gaming, digital technology, agriculture, tourism, private equity and financing of investment in Africa. We provide Legal and Investment Advisory Services to foreign investors and stakeholders in Africa. The Company works with lawyers, data scientists, economists, political analysts and risk analysts, compliance specialists who all work towards providing real time legal and business solutions to their clients who are investing in East African Community (EAC) and Southern African Development Community ( SADC) markets..
We are looking for an Accountant on to assist with the daily operations of our accounting & finance department. This individual will be working closely with our Controller to close the books, produce financial reports, prepare and analyze budgets, and perform general bookkeeping at a fast growing company. This role will be ever changing and will require the candidate to be flexible and open-minded.
Duties & Essential Job Functions
- Staying informed and current with bookkeeping, tax filing, HR standards and other related government regulations
- Creating accounting and book-keeping policies and procedures for the company and best practices
- Managing accounts receivables and accounts payables and maintaining records of vendor relations and statuses
- Processing payroll, NSSF, statutory payments
- Processing journal entries to the general ledger
- Reconciling bank and credit card accounts monthly
- Participating in the month-end close process and preparing financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends as requested
- Complying with legal requirements by maintaining compliance documentation and maintaining historical records by filing documents electronically
- Assisting operating business units with accounting and reporting-related matters
- Working with finance and business teams in forecasting income and expenses
- Prepare invoices and reconcile invoices and payments
Skills & Prerequisites
- 1 – 3 years of experience
- Bachelor’s degree required; concentration in accounting or finance preferred
- Knowledge of accounting theory, principles, and practices
- Ability to describe accounting systems and processes in written correspondence and in procedure manual format
- Ability to perform mathematical computations accurately and quickly, including computation of ratios and percentages
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and knowledge of computer information systems to present financial information
- Ability to prepare statistical reports, analyze financial reports and make recommendations based on analysis and research
- Strong priority management skills
- Proficient with Quickbooks and other account management softwares
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Kiswahili
We strongly encourage women to apply.
Please send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject matter “Accountant”. Tell us why you are applying for this job and most importantly why you should be considered above everyone else. We are looking for people that are driven by purpose.
- Application – Ongoing