Job brief – Tanzania Office
We are looking for a Receptionist to manage our front desk on a daily basis and to perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks. You should be dynamic, positive, happy, flexible, and eager to grow.
What does a Receptionist do?
As a Receptionist, you will be the first point of contact for our company. You will offer administrative support across the organization. You will welcome guests and greet people who visit the business. You will also coordinate front-desk activities, including distributing correspondence and redirecting phone calls. You will manage front desk email correspondences as well.
To be successful as a Receptionist, you should have a pleasant personality, as this is also a customer service role. You should also be able to deal with emergencies in a timely and effective manner, while streamlining office operations. Multitasking and stress management skills are essential for this position. We can be working in a very fast paced environment with very tight deadlines.
- Greet and welcome guests as soon as they arrive at the office
- Direct visitors to the appropriate person and office
- Answer, screen and forward incoming phone calls
- Ensure reception area is tidy and presentable, with all necessary stationery and material (e.g. pens, forms and brochures)
- Provide basic and accurate information in-person and via phone/email
- Receive, sort and distribute daily mail/deliveries including management of incoming emails related to sales and customer service
- Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the reception desk (monitor logbook, monitor incoming visitors and enquiries)
- Order front office supplies and keep inventory of the office stock
- Update calendars and schedule meetings
- Arrange travel and accommodtions
- Keep updated records of office expenses and costs
- Perform other clerical receptionist duties such as filing, photocopying, transcribing and faxing
- Able to research and write short briefs from time to time
- Proven work experience as a Receptionist, Front Office Representative or similar role
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Outlook and Excel in particular. Added advantage if knowledge of WordPress and other web based software.
- Hands-on experience with office equipment (e.g. fax machines and printers) and manage expenses related to use of office equipment
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Solid written and verbal communication skills in ENGLISH, KISWAHILI. Other languages are a plus
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise
- Excellent organizational skills
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Customer service attitude
- High school diploma; additional certification in Office Management is a plus.
Please send your CV, including picture, motivation letter and diplomas to firstname.lastname@example.org – subject matter should be “Receptionist”.
- Closing date 21 August 2020.
- 24 August 2020 – Screening exam testing presentation skills, communication skills.
- 26 August 2020 – Second Round interview
- Starting date – August 31, 2020